Watermelon and mint has to be one of my favourite sweet summer drink combos. There comes a time when staying hydrated needs to be a bit more satisfying than plain old water. So instead of reaching for a soda next time, go ahead and make a batch of this watermelon cooler for a sweet pick me up summer drink.
With a high water content and a good amount of natural sugars, pairing it with some fresh mint and basil really takes it to the next level.
- 1 Medium Sized watermelon
- 1 Bunch of fresh mint Leaves
- 2 Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- A large jug that can fit in your fridge
- Cut the watermelon into half and then into quarters. Slice out the pink flesh and place it straight into the blender. Don’t bother removing the seeds as you will sieve the juice later.
- After it’s well blended strain the juice into a large bowl then pour it into a jug.
- Wash the mint and gently massage the leaves to release the essential oils.
- Add the mint to the watermelon juice and stir.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight before you serve.
If you do give recipe e a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community. Enjoy!