Pretty much the perfect appetiser or brunch plan.
Packed with flavour in every single bite these beautiful tomato & feta tarts are vegetarian friendly, easy to make and perfect for any entertaining setup. A few simple ingredients like tomato, cheese, pesto and bell pepper is all you need to make these mouth watering tarts in less than 30 mins. I love the endless possibilities puff pastry offers. You can bake just about anything with pastry and make it look and tastes ten times better.
To keep things simple I chose to use store bought puff pastry however if you have the time and energy to make your own, you can most certainly do so.
Scroll down for the tomato & feta tarts ingredient list and print out recipe.
- 1 Sheet Puff pastry (I used Lions ready made)
- 200gms Cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 Yellow bell pepper chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Pesto
- 125gms Feta Cheese diced
- 3 Sprigs Thyme
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 200˚C degrees. Unfold the sheet of puff pastry onto a clean working surface and cut into 6 rectangles. Transfer them onto a baking tray then with a small knife, lightly score a border 1/4 inch from edges. Refrigerate for 15 mins
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, olive oil, and thyme, season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly beat 1 large egg and brush border of each pastry rectangle. Spread ½ tsp pesto on the pastry, staying within the rectangle border. Pile 1-2 tbsp tomato mixture on each rectangle and top with feta cheese slices.
- Bake until tarts are golden brown and tomatoes have softened for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you do give this recipe a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community. Enjoy!