A pantry essential if you’re diving into the world of Thai cuisine. Thai green curry paste packs a punch of flavour that can not be replaced by store bought curry paste. Well reasons being your in total control of it. If you like a bit more chilli or a bit more zest in your house you get to decide. I like mine a bit heavier on the aromatics (Ginger & garlic) and medium on heat. Well enough said if you’re looking for a curry to put your skills to the test look no further than my THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY where I use this Thai Green Curry Paste.
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 green chilies (deseeded if you want it mild)
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (with stalks)
- Handful Fresh Basil leaves
- 2 Stalks Lemongrass
- 1 lime, the zest and juice
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp Cumin powder
- Fresh Ginger ( about a 3-4 inch piece peeled)
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- Roughly chop all ingredients and place into a food processor
- Process well to form a paste then taste for seasoning and heat. If you like a bit more chilli add more bearing in mind when the paste is heated the heat intensifies.
- Once your paste is ready use can use it right away. Or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks and freeze for up to 3 months.
I used half for my chicken curry and stored the rest in the freezer for another time.
To get it perfectly blended stop your machine in between and use a spatula or spoon to push the ingredients together then resume blending.
If you do give this recipe a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community. Enjoy!