It’s about that time for Cocktail Hour.
That feeling when you order a really good cocktail and want another one but have to consider a few things. Well this time I’ll be having a few more strawberry daiquiri’s from the comfort of my own home. So bring on the rum and strawberries and let’s have some fun!
Strawberries have a very sweet pungent perfume, and adding them to cocktails is a real treat. Not only for their smell, but also their sweet taste of summer and blushing colour. Next time you’re having a dinner party this cocktail is a great show stopper. Prep all your ingredients the day before, infuse the syrup with some mint sprigs overnight and there you have it. Cocktails on tap.
- 100 g Strawberries
- Handful Fresh Mint
- 3 oz (90ml) Simple syrup
- 3 oz (90ml) Fresh lime juice
- 2 oz (60ml) White rum
- 2 oz (60ml) Sparkling water (Plain or flavoured)
- Cut a few strawberries into half and place them inside a jar or cocktail shaker.
- Muddle the strawberries with a few mint leaves, then add the syrup and let it infuse for 1 minute. Add the fresh lime juice followed by the rum and some ice. Give it a good shake and serve. (About 15 shakes)
- For a silky finish, sieve as you pour into a glass then add some chopped strawberries and mint leaves for garnish. Oh and of course that one strawberry for a fancy touch.
If you do give this recipe a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community. Enjoy!