Traditionally made with skirt steak. These steak fajitas are an easy dinner or lunch option. Made with steak, onion, peppers, paprika, salt and pepper. Great for weeknight dinners and can feed a family of 3-4.
I love having mine with a side of salsa, sour creme and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- 500gms Skirt Steak (sliced)
- 1 Red onion
- 2 yellow bell Pepper
- 2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1⁄2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1⁄2 Tsp. Coriander
- Cilantro to garnish
- 8 Tortilla Wraps
- 1 Cup Yoghurt
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- ½ Tsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Slice steak into strips across the grain. In a large bowl combine steak strips, sliced peppers, sliced onion, paprika, salt, pepper, coriander powder, chilli powder & mix. Let marinade for 1 hours or overnight.
- Add oil to a large nonstick frying pan and cook the fajita mix.
- Sauté for 5-10 mins or until the steak is cooked through.
- Serve in a tortilla wrap, with a sour creme fresh cilantro and lime.
You can always swap the beef out for boneless chicken thighs if thats what you have and it will just be as tasty.
If you do give this recipe a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community. Enjoy!