Deliciously sweet, rich and salty. Salted caramel is like the Rolls Royce of dessert sauces. It’s comfy and high-class all in one spoonful. All you need is Sugar, water, butter, cream and some salt. Then in less than 10 minuets, you’ll have an exceptionally delicious sauce ready to pimp up any of your favourite desserts. Heck, you’ll probably even eat it straight out of the jar because it’s that good!
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- A Pinch Sea Salt (Use salted butter if you don’t have sea salt)
- On a heavy non stick pan add the sugar and water and melt it on a low-med heat. Try not to mix it at this stage and just let the sugar melt down.
- Once a simple syrup forms and the sugar has dissolved add in the butter then slowly pour in the cream and whisk continuously. It will get steamy and bubbly while the cream is added but keep stirring and it will calm down.
- Turn off the heat then add in the salt and give it a last stir before you store it.
- Pour the caramel sauce into a jar while it’s still warm then let it cool completely.
Tip: Do not attempt to taste the caramel when it’s still hot because you will burn and that’s not pretty! Other than that enjoy drowning everything in caramel sauce this Valentine’s weekend.
P.s Check out my pancake day post. A perfect combination with this caramel sauce.
If you do give this recipe a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community. Enjoy!