Beautiful and vibrant this roasted pepper salad can be enjoyed with grilled meats or stuffed in sandwiches. Sweet smoky bell peppers tossed with, sautéed onion, toasted pine nuts, olive oil, lemon juice and fresh herbs. Enjoy it warm or cold.
Perfect for your next summer party or as a healthy add on to your daily meals. It keeps well in the fridge for up to a week.
- 1 Red Onion, cut into wedges
- 1kg Mixed Red & Yellow Bell peppers
- 1 ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tsp Honey
- Fresh Basil (Handful)
- Fresh Parsley (Handful)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 2 Tbsp Pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 200˚C. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the whole peppers on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, rotating peppers and pan halfway through, until well charred.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and place in a bowl; cover tightly with cling film about 3 mins (so they steam). Let cool until luke warm.
- Peel the skin from the peppers and cut into 2 inch strips. Do not rinse the peppers. Place them into a medium bowl; add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil, parsley, honey, salt and pepper. Mix until well coated then refrigerate.
- In the meantime over a medium flame heat a small skillet, add the pine nuts and toast until golden for about 4 minutes. Stirring frequently. Transfer the nuts to a small bowl then to the same pan add oil and saute onion until fragrant and slightly caramelized. Add the cooked onion, to the peppers. Gently combine. Place the roasted pepper salad onto a platter or serving dish and top with, toasted pine nuts
If you do give this roasted pepper salad a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community.
Want more salad ideas? Check out this recipe