Comfort food in the form of a paprika grilled cheese.
Happy Saturday Guys! Hope you’ve been keeping warm. Nairobi has been colder than ever, so I’ve been amping up the chili and spices to keep me warm and battle anything the cold season comes with it.
It all starts off with a good loaf of bread and a few foodie staples, cheese cheese and more cheese. Today I’m using my favourite Cornbread loaf from brood. It’s a lovely bouncy loaf that’s made with 90% corn and 10% wheat so for my gluten sensitive friends out there it’s a great alternative. (If you’re highly allergic to gluten sorry it’s not an option for you).
- Prep Time 5 Mins
- Cooking Time 5 Mins
- 2 Slices Cornbread/Sourdough
- 150gms Grated Mozzarella
- 100gms Grated Cheddar
- Hot Smoked Paprika
- Chilli/Hot Sauce
- Heat a heavy pan on medium for 2-3 mins.
- Spread butter on both sides of the bread then season with spices.
- Build one half with cheese, paprika, hot sauce and thyme.
- Place the other half on top and press down.
- Take it to the preheated pan and cook for 2-3 mins on each side, being careful not to burn the butter
- Slice into the sandwich and enjoy the gorgeous melted cheese!
Serve when it’s still hot.
If you do give this recipe a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community. Enjoy!