Lets wing it shall we. I’m yet to meet a person who doesn’t like chicken wings…unless they are vegan/vegetarian then is goes without say. Wings are a great finger food option for any occasion be it birthdays or as a game day snack. I personally love a combination of sweet, spicy & savoury so if that sounds good to you my crispy baked orange chicken wings should be a winner in your books.
- 1kg Chicken Wings
- 1 Tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 Tsp White Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Soy Sauce
- Zest & Juice of 1 Orange
- 1/2 Tsp Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Rice Wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Orange Marmalade
- 1 Tsp Corn Flour + Water to make a slurry
- Sesame seeds
- Green Onion sliced on the diagonal
- Rinse wings and drumettes and pat dry. Transfer to a large bowl, toss with vegetable oil and season with salt, pepper and 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste.
- In a separate bowl mix together the dry rub ingredients then thoroughly coat each piece of chicken.
- Place the chicken wings on a lined baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminium foil. Then bake for 25-30 mins at 200˚C rotating half way through.
- In a small saucepan add the orange glaze ingredients stir and cook for 2 mins. Mix cornflour and water separately then add it to the glaze and cook for a further 3 mins.
- Transfer the chicken to a bowl then pour over the orange glaze. Tossing to thoroughly coat each piece. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped spring onion. Serve immediately.
Great as a starter or side dish.
Loved cooking these in partnership with yummy magazine for the column ‘On the Menu’ click the link for more recipes.