Good Green Morning!
Good morning good morning! When’s the last time you had a tasty green smoothie?
If your answer is not yet, boy have I got a treat for you with this minty pineade green smoothie! If you follow my stories on Instagram and Snapchat then you know I’m particularly quite obsessed with smoothies and not too long ago I got to share this smoothie on the Tv Show HotplateKe. Watch the full video here
The Minty Pineade is by far the best introductory green smoothie for anyone who’s still queasy about green smoothies. It’s refreshing, tropical, sweet, loaded with nutrients and most importantly doesn’t taste like earth.
If you’ve ever made a green smoothie before and it tasted like earth/mud..then you probably just got the ratios of fruit to veg wrong, and trust me it’s happened to the best of us.
So let’s save your green smoothie disasters and try something extra delicious. Trust me you won’t even taste the spinach!
- 1 Cup Water
- Large Handful Baby Spinach
- ⅓ Cup Pineapple
- 1 Frozen Banana
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 1 Tbsp Almonds
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- Handful Fresh Mint
- First things first…we have to start with clean fruit and veg. So be sure to thoroughly wash the baby spinach beforehand.
- Next add a cup of water to a blender followed by the frozen fruit.
- Then add in your pre washed baby spinach, chia seeds fresh mint and almonds..
- Hit blend & blend until smooth
- Finally pour the green deliciousness into a glass and top it off with fresh mint for garnish.
- Alternatively pop it in a mason jar for a healthy meal on the go.
Only use the mint leaves and not the stem to avoid bitterness in your smoothie.
If you do give this recipe a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community. Enjoy!