With the cold season in full swing I’m sure you’re either hungry all the time or looking for creative ways to keep warm.
Well at least I’ve got you covered for the cooking part with this delicious meatball marinara. It’s a dish that always warms my soul. it’s meaty, super saucy and honestly tastes as good as it looks. Not to mention it’s so easy to whip up. (Unless you’re making the pasta and meatballs from scratch. Today we’re skipping that step because I believe I found the perfect balls to match my marinara sauce. Which means dinner will be ready in 10 mins.
I recently teamed up with Lemoc to bring you an easy home-made dish featuring their super tasty larger than life meatballs from their new product line Ladha Tamu. They come pre seasoned and paired with my marinara sauce its pure happiness!
- 1 500g Packet Ladha Tamu Meat Balls
For The Marinara Sauce
- Olive Oil
- 2 Diced Onions (Use white ones if you're lucky enough to find them this season)
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic
- Sprig Fresh Thyme
- 1 Can Tinned Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sugar or Honey
- Salt and Pepper to Season
- Handful Fresh Basil
- In a medium pan sauté onion and garlic with about 1 Tbsp Olive oil. As the onions begin to sweat season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once lightly browned add in the tinned tomatoes and cook for 3-4 mins breaking them up with a wooden spoon. Next add in the herbs followed by the vinegar and sugar. Simmer for 5 mins stirring in between.
- Now this step is optional but I like blending the sauce. Once it's simmered for 5 mins either blend it with an immersion blender or in a regular blender with a handful of fresh basil. Just be careful when blending hot liquids. Set aside once blended.
- On a non stick skillet brown the meatballs on either side for about 1 minute on a medium flame. As mentioned before they come pre seasoned so don't reach for that salt however you can add a bit of pepper if you like. Otherwise oil and a good pan is all you need!
- Pour in the marinara sauce and let the meat balls cook in the sauce for a further 10 mins on a low flame.
At this point everything is nearly ready. All you need is some cooked pasta of choice a bit of cheese and a glass of red to wash it all down.
If you do give this recipe a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community. Enjoy!