Let’s do dessert!
It might be raining outside but when it comes to dessert no questions should be asked! This mango sorbet is what I like to call a guilt free sweet pass. It’s fresh, sweet and just the right thing to have after a heavy meal. A while back I had lots of mangoes lying around looking cute as they do, so I decided to make sorbet. So without further a do lets do dessert.
- 3-4 Ripe mangoes
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1/3 Cup Fresh ginger juice
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 Tbsp Vodka
- Peel the mangoes and and purée until smooth.
- Grab a large sieve and mixing bowl and begin to strain the mango purée. By removing the fibre you end up with a smooth mango purée giving the final sorbet a smooth silky consistency.
- After straining the last of the purée it’s time to add in the flavours. Add in the juiced ginger, honey, lime juice and 1 Tbsp vodka. Give it a good stir to ensure everything is well combined.
- Pour it into a freeze safe container and voila it’s complete!
- Now for the easy part, it’s time to test your patience. For a total of 4 hours it needs a good whisk/stir after every 40 mins of being in the freezer. Not hard right?
Of course it would be dead simple with an ice-cream maker, but where’s the fun in that. So just think of it as a light arm workout. (Alternatively if you have a food processor omit step five. Break up the sorbet into the food processor and blend the frozen sorbet until smooth).
Store in an airtight container in the freezer. Defrost for 5 mins before serving.
If you do give this recipe a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community. Enjoy!