Kachumbari, Salsa or Pico de gallo.
Whatever you call it, wherever you’re from, this mango kachumbari salsa is one delicious number. Kachumbari is that side that really seals the deal at the table. It’s huge on flavour, super refreshing, and requires little to no effort. This version is a twist on the classic with the addition of sweet mango and a lime and honey vinaigrette.
You can pair the Kachumbari salsa with just about anything from grilled fish, pasta dishes or bean salads. I personally love mine with grilled meats or with rice dishes.
Mango Kachumbari Salsa
- 3 large tomatoes (Chopped)
- 2 small red onions (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 Mango (diced)
- Handful Fresh coriander
Honey & Lime Vinaigrette
- Juice of 4 Mombasa limes
- 2 Tsp Honey
- 1/2 Tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 Tsp black pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Dried chilli flakes
- To a medium bowl combine the mango chunks, minced garlic, dice onion & tomatoes then mix
- In a separate small bowl mix the lime juice, honey, salt, pepper & chilli flakes until incorporated.
- Pour the dressing over the kachumbari salsa then give it a light toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to three days in an airtight container.
If you do give this recipe a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community. Enjoy!