Get rid of the sniffles and get back to feeling 100!
It seems like almost everyone I know is suffering from some type of cold or allergies, including myself! Well it’s time to get rid of the sniffles and get back to feeling 100 with this lemon ginger tea. A blender, hot water and the lemon & ginger tea ingredients (ginger, lemon, honey, cayenne pepper & garlic)..yes garlic trust me on this one is all you need. Best part about this tea there’s no boiling involved and it takes less than 5 minuets to make.
It’s my lazy tea in a hurry and if you’re unwell and all alone you’d much rather spend your time resting than watching tea boil.
This lemon and ginger tea really works wonders in just a few minuets. The ginger will really open up your stuffy nose and get things moving. As for the garlic it’s our natural antibiotic that will kill any bacteria you’ve got hanging around. So don’t reach for any antibiotics unless its a severe infection.
Have it hot or cold! It’s perfect for warming you up this season and keeping those nasty colds at bay. So without further a do let’s make some lemon ginger tea and feel better.
- 1 Cup fresh ginger (About 1 handful)
- 1 Big Lemon ( with the skin peeled off including the pith)
- 1 Garlic clove
- 3-4 Tbsp Honey or Brown cane sugar
- 1/2 Tsp cayenne pepper
- 3-4 Cups Hot Water
- To a blender jug add in ginger, garlic, peeled lemon, cayenne and hot water. Blend for 1-2 minuets. It will become frothy at this point but don’t worry you’ll sieve the tea before serving.
- Strain the tea into a jug or flask.
- Pour into a cup then add in honey/brown sugar to taste.
The cayenne pepper helps warm you up and aids in sweating out the cold virus. So if you can handle the heat ad a touch more.
Enjoy, and get well soon!
If you do give this recipe a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community. Enjoy!