This citrus chicken salad is inspired by classic sweet and sour flavour profiles with a hint of heat and aromatic ginger. It’s perfect as a quick weeknight dinner or a make ahead lunch option.
If you have already have some boiled rice it honestly takes no time at all. A few pantry ingredients like ginger, garlic onion, lime salt and pepper. It’s a dish that’s easily customisable.
- 4 Boneless Chicken thighs
- 1 white onion
- 2 Clove of garlic
- 1 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 lime
- 1 Tsp of Worcestershire sauce or chicken stock
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Garlic powder & Curry powder (For the marinade)
For the lady marmalade dressing:
- The juice of 4 Small limes
- 1tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1tsp orange marmalade
- 25ml olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- To a medium mixing bowl mix together 1Tbsp olive oil, curry powder, garlic powder, Salt & Pepper then coat the chicken and marinade for at least 1 hour or overnight.covered.
- On a medium flame, cook the chicken in a non stick skillet with some olive oil for 2 minuets on each side. Until golden brown in colour.
- Remove the cooked chicken form the pan, slice into strips then cover and set aside. In the same pan sautee onion, garlic and ginger for roughly two minuets until caramelised. Add in the sliced chicken, wosteshire sauce and juice of half a lime. Cook just to heat the chicken through then serve immediately.
- Serve it with some rice or a fresh salad and the lady marmalade dressing.
Lady Marmalade Dressing
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until smooth. Refrigerate for 3-5 days and remove form the fridge 10 minutes before serving.
If you do give this recipe a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community. Enjoy!