When it comes to wrapping edible Christmas gifts bon-bon style wrapping makes everything look so cute and who doesn’t love a beautifully wrapped Christmas gift. I recently made some herb butters and wondered how to package them as gifts. An easy Diy project is what I needed for my diy christmas parcels and tissue paper rolls came to the rescue.
As you may know now, I love home-made goodies but also get a kick out of upcycling everyday household items. This diy project makes use of tissue paper rolls with some ribbon, parchment paper and a bit of glue/sellotape to hold it together. Perfect for any edible gift that needs to retain its shape. Plus they are adorable!
- Glue and Sellotape
- 3 Toilet paper rolls
- White Parchment paper
- Butchers Twine
- Red Ribbon (Optional)
- Brown Paper
Download The Free Labels Home Made & Merry Christmas Gift Tag
- Cut the toilet rolls in half then pop in your product. Cut the parchment to roughly A3 size (16×10) making sure there’s enough room on the sides.
- Tape one side of the paper to the length of the cylinder then pull the paper tightly around the cylinder and tape the end.
- Next grab some string and tie a firm not on each end. Tie it quickly to avoid the paper crumpling up too much. Snip off any excess string leaving enough room to tie a bow.
- Use brown paper to create a sleeve to go around the parcel then seal it with tape or glue.
- Lastly stick the homemade label on the sleeve and attach the merry Christmas label on the top bon bon bow.
Tip : Stack the parcels in a bundle and tie them with a big ribbon or pop them in a bread basket with some rosemary and Christmas decorations.
Happy wrapping and happy holidays!
If you do give this recipe a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community. Enjoy!