Is there anything better than milk and chocolate chip cookies?
A chocolate chip cookie cup! More like you get to eat your cookie and drink in it too!..No pun intended. If you’ve been stalking me on snapchat & Instagram you’ve probably gathered that I’ve got a thing for cookies and so do most of my friends and family.
I teamed up with Vlogger and Interior Designer Njeri Nyakairu of SomethingDiy to make this fun cookie cup.
If you’re a fan of milk and cookies, this Chocolate chip cookie cup is a must try. Check out the making here
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate chips
For the Cookie Cup
- A Coffee Mug
- 150g Bar of Milk/Dark Chocolate (For the inside layer) About 2 Tbsp in each cookie cup
- Milk to serve
- Preheat the oven to 165ºC for 20 mins. In a large bowl cream together sugar, brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Crack in an egg and add the vanilla essence. Mix until well combined. Next mix in the flour and salt then gently fold in the chocolate chips. At this point the dough should be soft but not sticky so you may need to add a bit more flour. Once ready chill the dough for 30 minuets.
- Grease 3 coffee mugs with butter/margarine then form the cookie cups in the mugs, ensuring the walls of the cookie are not too thick or too thin (about 0.3cm thick) Bake for about 35 mins or until the cookies starts to brown. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 mins before removing form the mug. (Use a small thin knife to wedge it out).
- Melt a bar of chocolate in the microwave for 1 minuet in 30 sec bursts, then spoon into the well of each cookie turning the cookie to coat the entire interior. Finally flash freeze the cookie cup for 3 minuets to set the chocolate.
- Pour in some milk and viola! Milk and cookies all in one!
Tip : Once out of the oven while the cookie is still warm, use a sharp knife to go around the edges of the cookie cup to help ease it out of the mug. Also be careful not to burn yourself on the mug so do use a cloth when handling.
If you do give this recipe a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community. Enjoy!