Super easy to make and perfect for the cold season
Hey guys hope you’re keeping well this quarantine season!
This Butternut carrot & ginger soup is a smooth aromatic soup that just makes everything better. Loaded with vitamin A, K,C & E it’s a great number to keep that immunity up and convert any non soup lovers. Cooked with cumin, ginger, butternut squash, carrot, onion & garlic, it only takes 25 minutes to make.
I love making a big batch and freezing some for those lazy days. It’s super affordable to make, great for kids who don’t enjoy vegetables that much and can be enjoyed with your fav bread.
I don’t mind a few chilli flakes for some added heat.
- 1 Medium Butternut squash
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1 ½ Tbsp Oil
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 1Tsp Cumin
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 Thumb size Fresh Ginger
- Chilli flakes (a pinch)
- Pumpkin Seeds (Optional)
- 800ml Water
- Peel and cut the squash, carrot, onion, garlic & ginger.
- In a medium saucepan heat the oil then add the chopped vegetables, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 mins on a medium flame.
- Next add in the vegetable stock cube and break it up with a wooden spoon. Add 800ml water to the saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend the soup in a jug blender until smooth and serve immediately. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and a dash of chilli flakes. Enjoy!
Be careful when blending hot soup, you can let it cool for 5-10 mins before blending. Keep refrigerated once cooled or freeze portions for up to 3 months.
If you do give this recipe a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community. Enjoy!