Not too long ago I made mango sorbet from scratch and thought I was really onto something. Until Njeri Nyakairu of SomethingDIY blew my mind with this 5 minuet mango sorbet. Of course I was sceptical about the idea because we apparently didn’t need an ice cream maker or any other fancy kitchen gadgets!
So with less than 5 ingredients this 5 minute mango sorbet calls for two zip lock bags, salt lots of ice and a little elbow grease. Incase you’re not convinced check out the video here. It’s pure mango magic.
- 1 Cup Mango Juice
- 2 Cups Ice
- 1 Cup Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Medium Freezer Bag
- 1 Large Freezer Bag
- Measure all your ingredients out.
- Pour the juice into the medium freezer bag seal and set aside.
- Combine ice, salt and water into the large freezer bag then insert the sealed medium freezer bag filled with juice.
- Seal the bag then shake for 4 minutes. Best to take turns with a friend or kids to help you. At this point the magic starts to unfold and the juice will begin to solidify.
- Remove the now sorbet freezer bag from the ice, give the bag a wipe and serve immediately. Store the rest in the freezer.
This method of making ice treats is a really cool science project to get kids involved or simply impress your friends with some diy culinary hacks! Be sure to check out the making and get yourself a cool treat this summer!
If you do give this recipe a go be sure to leave me a comment & rating to tell me what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on my socials @dinewithjemutai using the #DinewithJemutai so I can see your creations and share it with the online community. Enjoy!