Homemade pastes are a real lifesaver when you want to fix a quick meal, add levels of flavor or impress someone with your extra cooking skills.
One of my favourite curry pastes to date is this Thai green curry paste. It’s easy to make and a lot healthier than store bought pastes. Plus it will certainly levels up your curry game. With it’s zesty refreshing aroma, added to your favorite meat dishes, seafood, noodles, broths, soups or stir-fry’s it creates depths of flavour and hypnotizing aromas as you cook.
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 green chilies (deseeded if you want it mild)
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (with stalks)
- Handful Fresh Basil leaves
- 2 Stalks Lemongrass
- 1 lime, the zest and juice
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp Cumin powder
- Fresh Ginger ( about a 3-4 inch piece peeled)
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- Roughly slice/chop all ingredients and place into a food processor or blender
- Process well to form the paste then taste test for salt and heat
- If you like a bit more chilli add more bearing in mind when the paste is heated the heat intensifies.
- Once your paste is ready use it straight away or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks/ freeze for up to 3 months.
- Lastly check out how I made a delicious chicken curry with this paste
To get it perfectly blended stop your machine in between and use a spatula or spoon to push the ingredients together then resume blending.